Radix Booster Grants: Apply Now! | The Radix Blog | Radix DLT
As part of the 25M XRD ($1M+) Ecosystem Fund, developers and entrepreneurs can now apply for Booster Grants and receive up to $15,000 in XRD to support the development of their dApp on the Radix network.
What is the Radix Booster Grant?
Following the success of the Babylon Booster Grants, which supported 20 teams launching their dApp at the Babylon Mainnet upgrade, the Booster Grants are expanding in scope and become an “always on” part of the Radix developer ecosystem support.
Teams enrolled in the Radix Booster Grants receive:
- Up to $15,000 in XRD
- Networking opportunities with grants alumni and the Radix community
- Co-marketing opportunities
- Access to partner offers such as AWS credits and Hacken audits
- Exclusive dApp features via the ‘Runs on Radix’ campaign
- And more to come!
Who can apply?
Individuals and teams who are building a dApp on Radix can apply for one of the two Booster Grants tracks:
- The MVP Booster – $5,000 in XRD: for those who are building an MVP on Radix Stokenet (test net).
- The Launch Booster – $10,000 in XRD: for those who have already built an MVP and are ready to launch on Babylon Mainnet.
You can choose the track you want to apply for in the application form. The Developer Ecosystem team might suggest one of the other tracks upon review of your application. It is not possible to be enrolled in both tracks at the same time. You can apply for the MVP Booster first and apply for the Launch Booster after you receive the MVP Booster.
Note: if you are starting with Scrypto, check out the developer incentives!
How to apply for the grant?
Grants are distributed based on your project reaching a milestone. The scope of the milestone and its deadline are defined during the application process and vary across projects.
- Step 1: Apply via the application form below: Completing the application form takes about 30 to 60 minutes and involves a brief 1-minute video to introduce your team. Based on the volume of applications received, you can expect to receive an email update regarding your application within 2 to 4 weeks.
- Step 2: 10-minute interview: Should your application be approved, you will be invited to participate in a brief interview call to delve deeper into your project.
- Step 3: Project scope and agreement: Each grant is linked to your project reaching a milestone within a set deadline. The milestone (scope) and deadline are set together with each team as part of the grant agreement.
- Step 4: KYC or KYB: In order to receive the funds, you must pass KYC or KYB.
- Step 5: Demo call: Upon reaching the deadline or fulfilling the project’s defined scope, you must showcase your project in a demo call.
- Step 6: Payment and promotion: As soon as your project demo has been reviewed and approved, processes for paying the grant and promoting your project will start.
As described above, progressing from application to reaching your milestone and securing the grant can span several months. Therefore, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed continuously.
Frequently asked questions
What is the amount of funding provided by the grant?
The Booster Grant has 2 tracks:
- The MVP Booster, offering $5,000 in XRD funding, is designed for teams or projects that are building an MVP on Radix Stokenet (test net).
- The Launch Booster, offering $10,000 in XRD funding, is designed for teams or projects that have an MVP and are ready to launch on Babylon Mainnet.
Can I apply for both the MVP and Launch Booster tracks simultaneously?
You can apply for the MVP Booster first and apply for the Launch Booster after you receive the MVP Booster. If you are unsure which track to apply for, select “I am not sure which track I should apply for’ in the application form. The Developer Ecosystem team might suggest one of the other tracks based on a review of your application.
How and when are the grants distributed?
Grants are distributed based on your project reaching a milestone. The scope of the milestone and its deadline are defined during the application process and vary across each project. Progressing from application to reaching your milestone and securing the grant can span several months. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed continuously.
Do I need a working MVP to apply?
Not necessarily, you can apply to the MVP Booster track with the aim of building your MVP as a milestone to receive the grant.
Can I apply if I already received a grant?
Yes, if you received the MVP Booster, you can apply for the Launch Booster once you are ready to launch your project on Babylon Mainnet.
If you successfully participated in a previous Radix Grants Program (either Grants Program Cohort 1 or the Babylon Booster), you are eligible to apply for funding for additional products or significant new features of your dApp.
Can I apply for multiple grants at the same time?
Yes, however your team size and ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same will be taken into account.
Is there any reporting required after receiving the grant?
After receiving the grant, there is no requirement to report on the use of funds or expenditures.
Can I apply with a project that has already launched on another L1 but needs more funding for future development?
Yes, projects built on other blockchains or Layer1s seeking to expand to Radix are encouraged to apply.
If you already have a dApp running on Radix, you are eligible to apply for funding to develop additional products or significant new features for your dApp.
Do I need to pass KYC to receive the grant?
All individuals and teams must pass KYC or KYB to receive the grant.
Can anyone from any country apply?
Please visit the following link to find out about restricted countries.
What happens if my project is not selected?
We understand that it can be disappointing not to be selected, and it certainly doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep building your project further. We encourage you to refine your project and apply again as soon as you are ready.
Can I apply again if my project was rejected?
Yes, we encourage you to refine your project and apply again as soon as you are ready.
What if I don’t meet the deadline for my project scope after being selected?
Developing a product isn’t easy; we understand that delays can happen. The developer ecosystem team will contact you to check if you are on track to meet the deadline. If needed, the deadline can be reviewed and possibly extended by a few days. If you need a lot more than originally planned, you will be asked to apply again once you are ready.